The Romans Road
All Have Sinned – Romans 3:23
“For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”
The Wages of Sin Is Death – Romans 6:23
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus, our Lord.”
God Loves You – Romans 5:8
“God demonstrated His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
Confession and Salvation – Romans 10:9
“That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.”
The Sinner’s Prayer
The “Sinner’s Prayer” is a term that describes the words spoken by a person when he or she has recognized their sin and their need for a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. It goes something like this:
“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”
If you decided to repent of your sins and receive Christ today, welcome to God’s family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
- Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
- Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
- Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
- Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus.
- Find a local church where you can worship God…..a church that teaches that the Bible alone has all of the answers that we need to live the Christian life.